Last updated on: June 23, 2020
Welcome to the AMOREPACIFIC website at https://us.amorepacific.com (the “Website”).
This Website is operated by AMOREPACIFIC US, Inc. (“we”, “us” or “our”). We are committed to becoming the “Asian Beauty Creator” to its U.S. customers through our brands—AMOREPACIFIC®, SULWHASOO®, PRIMERA®, GOUTAL® PARIS, LANEIGE®, MAMONDE®, IOPE®, INNISFREE® and ARITAUM®—and have continuously strived to make the true beauty of Asia known to the rest of the world.
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Transfer of Information
- Protection of Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Managing Your Information
- Tracking Technologies
- Notice to California Residents
- Nevada Privacy Rights
- Contacting Us
- Changes to this Policy
Information You Provide
We may obtain personal information about you on our Website or at offline events. You may choose to provide personal information when you create an account, make a purchase on our Website, subscribe to our electronic newsletter, participate at our offline event or contact us for customer service. The types of information you may provide to us include the following:
- Date of birth and/or age
- Contact information (e.g., postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address)
- Payment information (e.g., PayPal™ account number, payment card number, expiration date, billing address)
- Skincare concerns
- Content you may provide to us or public information posted on our Website (e.g., photographs, videos, reviews, comments and responses)
Information Automatically Collected
When you use our Website, we may collect certain information about your activities on our Website by automated means, such as cookies, IP addresses, browsing history and service history, as follows:
- Transaction Information: We collect information in connection with each transaction you engage in via our Website or stores, including product details, purchase price, and other transaction details.
- Device and Log Information: We and our third party service providers may automatically collect device and log information, such as an IP address or other unique identifier information for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, "Device") you use to access our Website or on third party websites that publish our advertising, browser type, Internet service provider, the referring/exit pages, your operating system and date/time stamp of your visit. We may use your Device information to, among other things, administer the Websites, help diagnose problems with our servers, improve business operations, analyze orders and trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your shopping cart, deliver advertising and gather broad demographic information.
- Location Data: If you access our Website using a mobile device or application, we may access, collect or monitor information regarding the geographic location of your mobile device. We may also determine your general geographic location using your IP address. You may control whether location data is shared with us through your mobile device, application or browser settings, provided that certain features on our Website may not function properly if your location data is disabled.
- Cookies: We and our third party service providers may collect information from you by using cookies. Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to our Website. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use our Website during future visits by remembering information about your preferences or allowing you to preserve your shopping cart contents between site visits or devices. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalize the content of our Website for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies by activating the settings on your browser, although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our Website. Please refer to the "Help" file of your Internet browser to learn how to either block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Clear GIFs: We and our third party service providers may collect information from you using clear GIFs, such as pixels, tags and web beacons. These are tiny electronic images that may be used in our Website or emails and help deliver cookies, visit counts, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We may also use clear GIFs to understand whether our emails are read or opened. We use learning from this information to improve our messages, reduce frequency of messages to you or determine interest in content we share.
Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other websites that sell our products, from other users, such as individuals who send you a gift through our Website, and from social networks in accordance with their authorization procedures. We may also receive information from our retail partners or other companies that collect or aggregate information from publicly available databases or if you consented to allow them to use and share your information. This might be de-identified information about purchasing patterns, location of shoppers and sites that are of interest to our consumers.
We may use the personal information that we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide you with products, information, and services;
- Fulfill and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Process payment and access your purchase history;
- Contact you regarding your purchases;
- Communicate with you for account management and promotional purposes;
- Other matters related to your purchases and activities on our website;
- Conduct, assess and improve our business operation, including: performing data analytics about our products and customers; detecting, investigating and preventing security incidents, fraud and illegal activity; maintaining business systems and records; enhancing the functionality of our Website or making other technological improvements; and remaining in compliance with applicable laws and policies;
- Ensure the Website displays correctly on your Device;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected.
We may also contract with third-party advertising agencies, including the companies not affiliated with us, to send you information and promotional materials about our products based on the personal information we collect from you.
We may also use the information in other ways for which a specific notice will be provided to you at the time of collection
We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates, such as Amorepacific Corporation, Amorepacific Group, and their subsidiaries and affiliates, for purposes of technical support and other business co-operations. We may share your information with third party service providers that perform services on our behalf according to our instructions, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mails or e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activities, conducting customer surveys and providing customer service. These third parties may include Internet service providers, shipping carriers, payment processors, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, and technology vendors. We do not authorize these third party companies to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may share de-identified, aggregated information (i.e., the information that is not directly connected to your identity) about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners in order to gain insights about the market and improve our business performance. We may also contract with third party companies to collect information about your use of our Website and other websites through technologies such as cookies, so that we may provide advertisements that are more relevant to your needs and interests based on your internet activity history. Those advertisements may appear either on our Website, or on other websites.
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government authorities when required by law or when we believe such disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss or to assist an investigation of any illegal activity, suspected or actual.
There may be business or legal reasons to disclose your personal information. For example, we may share your personal information with another company that buys some or all of our assets or shares, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. We may also share and disclose your information with prospective business partners to evaluate a potential business transaction such as a merger or a joint venture.
We will always take steps to ensure that any of your information used by all third parties is properly protected in accordance with this policy and applicable laws. We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us outside the scope described herein without your consent.
Our Website is intended for visitors and customers located in the United States, and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States only. However, we may transfer the personal information we collect to the entities located in the countries other than the country in which the information is originally collected, including South Korea, where such entities administer and/or operate certain functions or services on our behalf, such as technical support, marketing assistance, data analytics and business administration. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country of residence, but we take reasonable measures at all times to protect the personal information in transmitting, retaining and processing the information as described in this policy. We will refuse to transfer personal information if we believe that the information will not receive reasonable protection. By accessing our Website, or otherwise providing information to us, you expressly consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
We use technical, administrative and physical safeguards and procedures which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information against unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure, misappropriation, alteration or loss. We use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. However, the transmission of information via the Internet cannot be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of your personal information is at your own risk.
Our Website is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you may look at our Website but may not provide personal information or make a purchase. You may only make a purchase if you are 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority in your jurisdiction.
If you're between 13 and 16 years old, you must have your parent/guardian’s written permission to have an account and we ask that you not submit any personal information to us or post on our Website without the consent and supervision of a responsible parent or legal guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian and learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, then you may contact us at email@example.com. If we confirm we collected such information, we will take all reasonable measures to delete that information from our system as soon as possible.
You have the following rights and choices in providing your information and choosing how we communicate with you:
- You may view or update the information you provide to us by logging into your online account and accessing the “My Account” page on our Website. You may also ask us to delete your information and withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may opt out of receiving email marketing promotions by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mails you receive. To the extent you are receiving text messages us, you may opt out of receiving text messaging by replying to any message we send you with the word "STOP" or contacting us at the phone numbers above. To the extent you receive notifications from any of our applications, you may opt out of receiving push notifications on your mobile device through your account and device settings.
- If you are unable to remove the content you posted on our Website, you can request that we help you take down such publicly-posted content by contacting us at email@example.com.
Please note that while text messaging opt out/unsubscribe requests are processed immediately upon our receipt, we are not responsible for any carrier delays. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Additionally, please allow up to 10 business days to process marketing email opt out/unsubscribe requests. If you make a purchase through our Website or stores, you may opt back in to marketing communications from us until you opt out/unsubscribe once again. You may opt back in to receiving text messaging by providing us with explicit permission to send you text messages during the order checkout or other sign-up process.
Notwithstanding the above, we may need to retain limited information about you in order to fulfill any order requests made by you, for business, tax, retention and litigation purposes or to fulfill other legal or regulatory obligations. As such, we may still continue to send you non-marketing communications by email, such as transactional or operational communications, even if you have opted out/unsubscribed from our marketing communications.
- Tracking Technologies
We and our third party service providers may collect personal information about your browsing patterns or other online activities over time and across different sites when you use our Website. While some web browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, we do not respond to web browser-based “do not track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time. To learn more about online behavioral advertising (OBA), please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) or Digital Advertising Alliance website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
California Shine the Light Disclosure
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We are not in the business of selling personal information, but such information may be shared or disclosed in limited circumstances to provide customers certain additional services such as interest-based advertising, for products or services that may be beneficial for our customers, third party shipment carriers such as USPS or UPS to deliver products to you, and credit card information to processors and issuers to help process your orders.
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services;
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
You will not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information from California Residents
We have listed below the personal information we may have collected from California residents in the past 12 months.
Categories of personal information we may collect
Identifiers, Personal Characteristics, Commercial Information, Internet/Electronic Activity, Inferences
Categories of sources from which we may obtain your personal information
Purposes for collecting your personal information
Categories of third parties we may sell your personal information to
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
Categories of third parties we may otherwise share your personal information with
You can make requests related to your California privacy rights by visiting this Request Portal.
You may also make those requests by calling 1-877-325-1799.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, social media, email addresses, etc.).
When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, membership or phone number, and purchase details (as applicable). We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf via the Request Portal link above.
We do not sell personal information to third parties. Nonetheless, Nevada consumers have a right to submit a request to opt-out of sale of personal information, referred to under the Nevada Privacy Law as "covered information." Upon receipt of a verified request, both as to the submission and the identity of the consumer, we will ensure that no covered information, as defined under the Nevada Privacy Law, is sold. We will further notify the customer within 60 days after receipt that the request has been processed. At this time, Nevada residents can only submit this request by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact us at the following:
AMOREPACIFIC US, INC.
1407 Broadway, Suite 210
New York, NY 10018
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information, we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.