AMOREPACIFIC US Inspirational Women of 2020
Please review the official rules below and enter here.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
VALID ONLY IN THE 50 U.S. STATES AND WASHINGTON, D.C. AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY.
- OVERVIEW: The AMOREPACIFIC US Inspirational Women of 2020 Contest (the “Promotion”) runs between 12:00AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 16th, 2021, and ends at 11:59PM EST on February 22th, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”), which is a merit-based contest where entrants can nominate someone who has made a positive impact on their life or lives of others during the 2020 calendar year outside of their own benefit. During the Promotion Period, the first 101 entrants and their nominees will have the opportunity to be selected to win 2 Amorepacific Vintage Single Extract Essence (“Entry Prize”), or for 10 selected nominees, a one-year’s supply (6 units) of Amorepacific Vintage Single Extract Essence, an illustration of the Winner, and a feature in Amorepacific’s social media channels and emails to subscribers (“Grand Prize”) in accordance with, and as more fully set forth in, these Official Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Amorepacific US, Inc., 1407 Broadway, Suite 210, New York, NY 10018 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to permanent legal residents of the continental United States and Washington, D.C. (excluding all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions) who are physically located and residing therein and who warrant and represent that they meet all of the following requirements as of the time their entry into the Promotion is deemed complete: (a) they are 18 years of age or older and at least the age of majority in their state of residence; (b) they have Internet access; (c) they possess a social security number, or federal tax identification number issued by the appropriate government agency; and (d) they have carefully read and reviewed prior to agreeing to, and agreed to as instructed, these Official Rules. Sponsor and its affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, or agents, and other persons/entities involved or directly associated in the development, handling, production, implementation and distribution of the Promotion (collectively “Sponsor Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Promotion. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Promotion, you must go to https://forms.gle/Qfm2Z153mRDLmbyL7 during the Promotion Period and fill out the nomination form completely and accurately, including your contact information, your nominee’s contact information, and 100-250 words about how the nominee made a positive impact in 2020 and why they deserve to be recognized, honored and rewarded by Sponsor (“Submission”). Entry will be limited to the first 101 Submissions. Entrants may not nominate themselves in the Submission.
Once you complete a Submission, you will be entered into the Promotion; provided, however, that any Submission that does not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified and will not be eligible for entry. Any attempted form of entry into the Promotion other than as described herein is void. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of all entrants. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements.
Limit one entry per person. Multiple entries submitted for the Promotion will count only as one entry, and will not qualify as an entry for any other Promotion whether in the past or future. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the allowable number of entries by using more than one account will void all of that entrant’s entries.
Sponsor Entities are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of delivery or Sponsor’s receipt of that entry. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Promotion without prior notification. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account was registered on the date the entry is submitted.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or around February 24th, 2021, Sponsor’s Amorepacific Marketing Manager, Marketing Director, Social Media Sr. Manager, and PR Sr. Manager (“Contest Judges”) will select 10 finalists based on the following judging criteria from among the first 101 Submissions received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period:
- Overcoming Adversity – the nominee overcame adversity in 2020, such as working as a single parent or facing opposition from the community in which the nominee is a part of (40 points);
- Champion Gender and Race Equality – the nominee’s actions supported women and underrepresented or diverse populations in 2020 (40 points);
- Fighting for the Future – the nominee’s actions were intended to better the future for the community, such as participating in vaccine research, environmentalist efforts, or childcare (10 points); and
- Personal Investment, Above and Beyond – the extent to which the nominee’s actions were not awarded monetarily or recognized by the community (e.g., a teacher who made house calls to under-privileged students would have a higher score for this metric than a prominent head of a hospital) (10 points)
Each Initial Submission will receive a score based on one hundred (100) total possible points ("Judging Score"). In the event of a tie, the nominee of the Entrant whose Submissions receive the higher score for criterion (a) above (i.e., overcoming adversity) will be declared a finalist. In the event of a further tie, the nominee of the Entrant whose Submissions receive the higher score for criterion (b) above (i.e., champion gender and race equality) will be declared a finalist. In the event of a further tie, Sponsor in its sole discretion shall choose the finalist based on an evaluation of the tied entries to determine which Submission is superior overall, taking all criteria into consideration.
On or about February 24th, 2021, Sponsor will notify finalists via phone or email used in the Submission. A finalist must respond to Sponsor within seven (7) days (“Acceptance Deadline”) to accept or decline the nomination. If a finalist does not respond by the Acceptance Deadline, then she will be disqualified and Sponsor may, but is not required to, select an alternate finalist. Sponsor shall have no liability for failed notification attempts that are lost, stolen, undeliverable, intercepted, or not received by a finalist or an alternate finalist for any reason. A finalist who receives the Grand Prize is known as the “Winner.” Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select no Winner for the Promotion if an insufficient number of eligible and complete entries are received during the Promotion Period.
- PRIZE: Ten Grand Prizes may be awarded to Winners during the Promotion Period. The Grand Prize shall consist of six (6) 70 mL units of Amorepacific’s Vintage Single Extract Essence, an original digital illustration of the Winner, and a feature in Amorepacific’s social media channels and emails to subscribers. One Hundred and One (101) Entry Prizes, each consisting of two (2) 70 mL units of Amorepacific’s Vintage Single Extract Essence, may be awarded during the Promotion Period to the first 101 Entrants and nominees with eligible Submissions. The Entry Prize and Grand Prize shall be collectively referred to as the “Prize.”
No substitution, transfer, refunds, or cash equivalent for the Entry Prize or Grand Prize (or component thereof) is permitted.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Entry Prize is $190 USD and Grand Prize is $670 USD, which represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the ARV thereof and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the ARV of the Prize (or Prize component) is more than the actual retail value or fair market value of the Prize (or Prize component), the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. If there is a forfeiture of the Prize, this forfeiture will serve as complete fulfillment of the obligation by Sponsor and no additional compensation will be awarded. Prize recipient is solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. All federal, state, local or other taxes are the sole responsibility of Prize recipient, and such recipient may receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC from Sponsor for the total ARV of the Prize (stated herein) for the Promotion Period.
THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES). ACCEPTANCE, PARTICIPATION IN AND/OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE AT THE RECIPIENT’S SOLE RISK, AND SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND/OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Promotion and accepting the Prize, you hereby grant Sponsor permission to use your Submission, including name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statement, and complete address, for commercial, advertising and publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without notice, review or approval and without further compensation (except where prohibited by law) and releases the Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use thereof.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS: This Promotion is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant: (a) agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or the selection procedures or the Promotion itself; (b) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final in all respects; and (c) attests to the provisions stated in these Official Rules and compliance with these Official Rules.
- Affidavit and Release Forms. You may be required to sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a Publicity Release (where legal), IRS Form W-9, and/or any other documentation that Sponsor may require (collectively “Documentation”), within seven (7) days after receipt of such Documentation or you may be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected from among the remaining entrants at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Delays and Technical Failures. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds who tampers with the entry process or operation of the Promotion or website, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion without notice. Sponsor is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer/phone related to or resulting from an entrant’s participation in the Promotion.
- Fraudulent Conduct. Any person attempting to defraud Sponsor or tamper with the Promotion in any way will be prosecuted to the full extent permitted by law and will not be eligible for the Prize.
- Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree that the Sponsor Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with the Promotion (including, but not limited to, misprinted or typographical errors on any promotional materials), including participation, acceptance/possession and/or use or misuse, and/or defect of the Prize, even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsor Entities. You hereby acknowledge that Sponsor Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by participating in the Promotion, you agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsor Entities from and against any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, damages, costs, attorneys’ fees, and losses that may arise in connection with any and all of the rights and benefits you confer upon the Sponsor Entities in these Official Rules, including any and all liability resulting or arising from Sponsor’s use of any entries or your participation in the Promotion.
- Force Majeure. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of third party delivery services, God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, you hereby agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in New York, New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering into the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a copy of the Winner(s) list after the Promotion Period, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: AMOREPACIFIC US Inspirational Women of 2020 Contest Winner List, Attn: Amorepacific Marketing, 1407 Broadway, Suite 210, New York, NY 10018. All requests must be received by March 31, 2021.